Contact Us  :  First Aid Kits  :  Web Resources  :  Polls  :  Contribute  :  Calendar  :  Advanced Search  :  Site Statistics  
Ahles and Associates, L.L.C. dba:
Red Light Rescue
Red Light Rescue
Providing Motorsports Rapid Response Teams and Event Operations Staff

Photo of Fleet After Ojibwe 2005 (RLR Numbers-if different)
(Pictured L-R: Rescue One, Rescue (R10), Rescue 3 (R12), Rescue (R3), Rescue 2 (R11), Rescue 9, Rescue 8)
Not Pictured: Rescue 5, Rescue 6, Rescue 7, Rescue 41, Rescue 42, Rescue 51)
 Welcome to Red Light Rescue
 Tuesday, August 30 2016 @ 09:55 AM CDT

Ojibwe Update 8/20

  View Printable Version 
Current NewsHello All,

Ojibwe starts Friday. All the planning and preparation come together this weekend. I think I have the 5 medical teams and 4 sweeps and a Safety Sweep team I needed. Life has a way of derailing these plans so I can still use a plan B. If you want to help we can still use you.

Dates: 8/26-27
Rally 101 for responders 9:15 Pavilion on Friday

Medical/sweep meeting to follow worker meeting on Friday.

I HAVE your Tee Shirts. SEE me for them

Devon and I have our usual rooms at the Americinn. Contact us for space if you wish to share.

Currently plan on staffing 5 medical teams and 4 sweep teams. I am believe I have staffing for the practice stages on Wednesday. 10:00 to 20:00.

Current plan has Andy and Phillip staffing a spectator locations on Friday and Saturday.

I have Robert and Adam as a medical.

As for sweep, Stacy and Shane can work the safety sweep function

R1 - Paul Ahles-r, Joseph Ahles, (Steven Ahles)
R2 - Steve Hartman-r, Micki Hartman
R3 - Devin West-r, Samantha
R4 - Robert, Adam-r
R5 - Andy Robinson
R6 - Patrick Callahan
Safety Sweep - Shane Cole, Stacy
VIP - Stacy's Associates
S1 - Richard Klute, Passenger
S2 - Robert Dion, open
S3 -
S4 -
GL - James LeCuyer, Ashley Kay

As for the event:
I'll be heading up Tuesday At this point and working the practice stage Wednesday.

We can use help bannering on Thursday, and the Rally 101 for the new folks on Friday AM. Debannering on Sunday if you are interested.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attached from Rallymaster pro

Volunteers are still needed in all specialties for the 2016 Ojibwe Forests Rally on August 26 & 27.
We have 45 registered competitors with the race two weeks out. It’s going to be a great event.

Online registration is now open at

http://www.rallymasterpro.com/workers/?group=1

Early registration will be on Thursday the 25th from 6 to 9 pm at the Pavilion, and Friday registration is from 9-12 at the same place. We’ll have a brief worker meeting at 1:00 and first time volunteer training at 1:30 before leaving for the woods. Be sure to bring food and water for the day, and bring extra insect repellant.

I am looking for a small group of volunteers to help me on Tuesday evening to banner Wednesday’s practice stages. If you are able to help out, please shoot me an email. Right now, I plan to meet at the Rock Creek Store (Itasca Service area) at 6pm Tuesday evening, and head out to the 2 practice stages to banner them.

Bannering for the competition stages will be on Thursday morning again this year. Bannering will be in 2 groups, one at 8am at the old Pamida in Park Rapids (directly across Hwy 34 from the Super 8), the second group at the same location at noon. If we get enough help in the morning, we hope to be able to pick up the 2nd group on our way from the Friday stages to the Saturday stages. Any help that you can provide is welcome. You don’t need to stay the whole day, so if you have other commitments, just let us know when you need to go. The more help we have, the shorter the task is for everyone.

Almost as important as bannering, is de-bannering on Sunday. Anyone who doesn't need to head out right away after the event is invited to take part in the final effort to clean up after a great week. Our banner chief will be sending out a detailed email later this week to all who have registered for bannering.

Bring a friend too, no experience necessary, so bring someone and introduce them to rally!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jonathan Atkins
Chief of Controls
2016 Ojibwe Forests Rally
RallyMaster Pro
 
Post a comment
Comments (0) Trackbacks (0)

Ojibwe Update - 8/1`4 After Meeting

  View Printable Version 
Current NewsShort update. Changes:

I am still in need of two medical crews for the event. I can make this work with Robert as a driver and Andrew as the medical in Roberts vehicle, but I have to decide on this by mid week so Robert can plan. This also obligates Rescue One to a stage starts and removes the needed flexibility if there is any incident. If you are on the fence we can use your help. I have and am offering s place to stay if you need one.

I have been informed that Dick Klute Has a co-driver for his sweep vehicle. That makes him a full crew.

I am told that we will be getting a couple of off road jeeps to assist with sweep at the event. Do not have names for these folks at this time. That will add 2 vehicles to the sweep teams and allow for us to split the teams by stages.

Stacy and Shane will be able to work as Safety sweep for the event.

Stacy has found two medicals to cover the VIP buses.

For the practice stages we will use Stacy and Amy for the Subaru stage and Jon and Treavor for the main stage on Wednesday.

For those that wish to help locally, Put together is at 13:00 this coming weekend at the Mississippi Street Library in Fridley (Approx 63th and university). Any help is appreciated.

I will have a schedule for Recce Sweep sometime this week, James, if you are still interested, we would like you or a couple of folks to sweep the recce stages after the close on Thursday to make sure there are no rally participants left in the woods.
 
Post a comment
Comments (0) Trackbacks (0)

Ojibwe Update 8/13

  View Printable Version 
Current NewsHello All,

Qjibwe is now 10 days out. I am in need of 5 medical teams and 4 sweeps and a Safety Sweep team. I would like to spilt the sweep teams, but can live with them as a single unit. Changes are noted.

Dates: 8/26-27

Devon and I have our usual rooms at the Americinn. I have space for 1-2 folks in mine.

Currently still have a need for 5 medical teams and 4 sweep teams. I am also in need of staffing for the practice stages on Wednesday. Currently need a marshal and a finish control with a radio. 10:00 to 20:00.

Current plan has Andy staffing a spectator location on Friday and Saturday.

I have removed Robert as a medical team vehicle, BUT he is still on the list as an option. He has shared that he is no longer current as a medical and needs a radio so I have opened the spot for the option of a team that has both. If no-one steps up to the plate I'll pair him with Adam and we'll go with finding a radio for them at the event and using Robert and Adam as a medical team. It would be easier to have an additional team in that spot.

Brandon has a difficult work schedule so I am waiting to see if he can get the time off to be at the event.

As for sweep, Stacy and Shane can work the safety sweep function, BUT that opens the spot on the VIP FAMILY bus for a medical person for both days. We are open to anyone that has medical training and a med kit to fill that role. This is a free spot to the worker and if by chance you have an infant sized child we'll make room for the car seat on the bus. they can ride free too.

R1 - Paul Ahles-r, Joseph Ahles, (Ahles?)
R2 - Steve Hartman-r, Micki Hartman
R3 - Devin Lee West-r, Co-pilot
R4 -
R5 - Andy Robinson
Safety Sweep - Shane Cole, Stacy?
VIP - Stacy?
S1 - Richard Klute, open
S2 - Robert Dion, open
S3 -
S4 -
GL - James LeCuyer, Ashley Kay

Adam Burling is also signed on for medical but not assigned to a vehicle yet
Brandon Winger may also be available as a medical, just waiting on confirmation.

As for the event:
I'll be heading up Tuesday At this point and working the practice stage Wednesday. We will need a second medical for that day and a couple of marshals for the two stages. I have room space if you want to share Tuesday or Wednesday night (or longer).

We can use help bannering on Thursday, and the Rally 101 for the new folks on Friday AM. Debannering on Sunday if you are interested.

Next update later this week
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attached from Rallymaster pro

Volunteers are still needed in all specialties for the 2016 Ojibwe Forests Rally on August 26 & 27.
We have 45 registered competitors with the race two weeks out. It’s going to be a great event.

Online registration is now open at

http://www.rallymasterpro.com/workers/?group=1

Early registration will be on Thursday the 25th from 6 to 9 pm at the Pavilion, and Friday registration is from 9-12 at the same place. We’ll have a brief worker meeting at 1:00 and first time volunteer training at 1:30 before leaving for the woods. Be sure to bring food and water for the day, and bring extra insect repellant.

I am looking for a small group of volunteers to help me on Tuesday evening to banner Wednesday’s practice stages. If you are able to help out, please shoot me an email. Right now, I plan to meet at the Rock Creek Store (Itasca Service area) at 6pm Tuesday evening, and head out to the 2 practice stages to banner them.

Bannering for the competition stages will be on Thursday morning again this year. Bannering will be in 2 groups, one at 8am at the old Pamida in Park Rapids (directly across Hwy 34 from the Super 8), the second group at the same location at noon. If we get enough help in the morning, we hope to be able to pick up the 2nd group on our way from the Friday stages to the Saturday stages. Any help that you can provide is welcome. You don’t need to stay the whole day, so if you have other commitments, just let us know when you need to go. The more help we have, the shorter the task is for everyone.

Almost as important as bannering, is de-bannering on Sunday. Anyone who doesn't need to head out right away after the event is invited to take part in the final effort to clean up after a great week. Our banner chief will be sending out a detailed email later this week to all who have registered for bannering.

Bring a friend too, no experience necessary, so bring someone and introduce them to rally!

Thanks in advance for your help.


Jonathan Atkins
Chief of Controls
2016 Ojibwe Forests Rally
 
Post a comment
Comments (0) Trackbacks (0)

Ojibwe Update 8/4

  View Printable Version 
Current NewsQjibwe is now 21 days out. Some of the folks I normally hear from about this time I am hoping are planning on the event and just needed to bid the shifts to confirm. I am in need of 5 medical teams and 4 sweeps and a Safety Sweep team. I would like to split the sweep teams, but can live with them as a single unit. Changes are noted.

Dates: 8/26-27

Devon and I have our usual rooms at the Americinn. I have space for 1-2 folks in mine.

Currently still have a need for 5 medical teams and 4 sweep teams.

I am also in need of staffing for the practice stages on Wednesday. Currently need a marshal and a finish control with a radio. 10:00 to 20:00.

Current plan has Andy staffing a spectator location on Friday and Saturday.

I have removed Robert as a medical team vehicle, BUT he is still on the list as an option. He has shared that he is no longer current as a medical and needs a radio so I have opened the spot for the option of a team that has both. If no-one steps up to the plate I'll pair him with Adam and we'll go with finding a radio for them at the event and using Robert and Adam as a medical team. It would be easier to have an additional team in that spot.

Brandon has a difficult work schedule so I am waiting to see if he can get the time off to be at the event.

As for sweep, Stacy and Shane can work the safety sweep function, BUT that opens the spot on the VIP FAMILY bus for a medical person for both days. We are open to anyone that has medical training and a med kit to fill that role. This is a free spot to the worker and if by chance you have an infant sized child we'll make room for the car seat on the bus. they can ride free too.

R1 - Paul Ahles-r, Joseph Ahles, (Ahles?)
R2 - Steve Hartman-r, Micki Hartman
R3 - Devin Lee West-r, Co-pilot
R4 -
R5 - Andy Robinson
Safety Sweep - Shane Cole, Stacy?
VIP - Stacy?
S1 - Richard Klute, open
S2 - Robert Dion, open
S3 -
S4 -
GL - James LeCuyer, Ashley Kay

Adam Burling is also signed on for medical but not assigned to a vehicle yet
Brandon Winger may also be available as a medical, just waiting on confirmation.

As for the event:
I'll be heading up Tuesday At this point and working the practice stage Wednesday. We will need a second medical for that day and a couple of marshals for the two stages.
Amy has stepped up to cover one of the marshal spots for this but still need a finish marshal and a crossroad marshal.

I have room space if you want to share Tuesday or Wednesday night (or longer).

We can use help bannering on Thursday, and the Rally 101 for the new folks on Friday AM. Debannering on Sunday if you are interested.

Next update next week.
 
Post a comment
Comments (0) Trackbacks (0)

Ojibwe Update 8/1

  View Printable Version 
Current NewsHello All,

Qjibwe is now 25 days out. Some of the folks I normally hear from about this time I am hoping are planning on the event and just needed to bid the shifts to confirm. I am in need of 5 medical teams and 4 sweeps and a Safety Sweep team. I would like to spilt the sweep teams, but can live with them as a single unit. The current list has not changed so what I have is what is listed. Please let me know if you are planning on helping.

Dates: 8/26-27

Devon and I have our usual rooms at the Americinn. I have space for 1-2 folks in mine.

Currently still have a need for 5 medical teams and 4 sweep teams. I am also in search of a Safety Sweep team.

R1 - Paul Ahles-r, Joseph Ahles, (Ahles?)
R2 - Steve Hartman-r, Micki Hartman
R3 - Devin Lee West-r, Co-pilot
R4 - Robert Preble, open (currently thinking this is where Adam will be)
R5 -
Safety Sweep -
S1 - Richard Klute, open
S2 - Robert Dion, open
S3 -
S4 -
GL - James LeCuyer

Adam Burling is also signed on for medical but not assigned to a vehicle yet
Brandon Winger may also be available as a medical, just waiting on confirmation.

As for the event:
I'll be heading up Tuesday At this point and working the practice stage Wednesday. We will need a second medical for that day and a couple of marshals for the two stages. I have room space if you want to share Tuesday or Wednesday night (or longer).

We can use help bannering on Thursday, and the Rally 101 for the new folks on Friday AM. Debannering on Sunday if you are interested.

Next update next week.
 
Post a comment
Comments (0) Trackbacks (0)

Ojibwe Update 7/17

  View Printable Version 
Current NewsNo real changes to the update. If you are planning on attending I do need to know for planning. We are still understaffed for this event.

Dates: 8/26-27

Devon and I have our usual rooms at the Americinn. I have space for 1-2 folks in mine.

Currently still have a looking for 6 medical teams and 4 sweep teams. I am also in search of a Safety Sweep team.

R1 - Paul Ahles-r, Joseph Ahles, (S Ahles?)
R2 - Steve Hartman-r, Micki Hartman
R3 - Devin Lee West-r, Co-pilot
R4 - Robert Preble, open
R5 -
R6 -
Safety Sweep -
S1 - Richard Klute, open
S2 - Robert Dion, open
S3 -
S4 -
GL - James LeCuyer

Adam Burling is also signed on for medical but not assigned to a vehicle yet

As for the event:
I'll be heading up Tuesday At this point and working the practice stage Wednesday. We will need a second medical for that day and a couple of marshals for the two stages. I have room space if you want to share Tuesday or Wednesday night (or longer).

We can use help bannering on Thursday, and the Rally 101 for the new folks on Friday AM. Debannering on Sunday if you are interested.

Next update next week.
 
Post a comment
Comments (0) Trackbacks (0)

Ojibwe Update 7/10

  View Printable Version 
Current NewsHello All,

Qjibwe is now about a month out so I really am looking for folks to work the event. I need to know if you are planning on being at the event.

Dates: 8/26-27

Devon and I have our usual rooms at the Americinn. I have space for 1-2 folks in mine.

Currently still have a need for 6 medical teams and 4 sweep teams. I am also in search of a Safety Sweep team.

R1 - Paul Ahles-r, Joseph Ahles, (Ahles?)
R2 - Steve Hartman-r, Micki Hartman
R3 - Devin Lee West-r, Co-pilot
R4 - Robert Preble, open
R5 -
R6 -
Safety Sweep -
S1 - Richard Klute, open
S2 - Robert Dion, open
S3 -
S4 -
GL - James LeCuyer

Adam Burling is also signed on for medical but not assigned to a vehicle yet

As for the event:
I'll be heading up Tuesday At this point and working the practice stage Wednesday. We will need a second medical for that day and a couple of marshals for the two stages. I have room space if you want to share Tuesday or Wednesday night (or longer).

We can use help bannering on Thursday, and the Rally 101 for the new folks on Friday AM. Debannering on Sunday if you are interested.

Next update next week.

 
Post a comment
Comments (0) Trackbacks (0)

Ojib Update

  View Printable Version 
Current NewsHello All,

Qjibwe is now the getting to be about 2 months out so it's time to start asking for time off if you're going to the event.

Dates: 8/26-27

Devon and I have our usual rooms at the Americinn. I have space for 1-2 folks in mine.

Currently looking for 4.5 medical teams and 3.5 sweep teams. I am also in search of a Safety Sweep team.

R1 - Ahles-r, Ahles, (Ahles?)
R2 - S Hartman-r, M Hartman
R3 - West-r, Co-pilot. (not confirmed yet but pretty sure.)

Adam Burling is also signed on for medical but not assigned to a vehicle yet

SS - Open ( could also be Sweep Lead)
S1 - Dick Klute, open

James and his Fiat has Green Light in the bag so that spot is currently filled.

As for the event:
I am a firm believer in cross training and having more than one person trained for any given role. As such I am also looking for a Sweep Leader for this event. I'd prefer that they be in the Safety Sweep vehicle but that is not a requirement. This is NOT a reflection on past leaders, just a way to get folks trained to do more than one thing at an event. That flexibility allows for on the fly changes if needed and the person stepping into the role to know what is expected for the event. By that same standard if someone has an interest in the Chief ES role, I am willing to train and show them the ropes. I have been heard to say that I have the best and worst jobs in the event. I get to drive the roads, Banner, De-banner, go to most all incidents, talk to a LOT of local authorities, and have to be out from before the FCO to the last car is loaded onto a trailer from the woods.
Enough for now. Next update in a week or so. Stay Safe.
 
Post a comment
Comments (0) Trackbacks (0)

WRL Update 5/14 - BMW

  View Printable Version 
Current NewsBMW first
Current Staff - Mike, Bob, John, Andrew, Tim. still have two corner spots open for this three day event. I'm not at home so I going from memory.

-----------------------------------------
WRL

Worker List:
Mike N (Lead Corner), Bob, John, Dennis, Jim G, Mike B, Andrew, Tim. Floaters Sat - Clark, Sunday David and Vicki.

Rescue Jim, Brandon, Nolan and Paul

I could use an additional rescue person and truck on Saturday as of right now.

Some details for those planning on working the event:

Please advise Corners they will need to meet with Joey Todd at 9:15 am on Saturday and 7:45 am on Sunday. The event will be 8 hours on Sat and 8 hours on Sunday. Normally we try to do a 10 hr event on Saturday and a 6 hr event on Sunday, but we were not able to contract with BIR for those hours.

Our schedule and supplemental information packet is attached for your reference. And can be found on our website at: BIR Race Info
 
Post a comment
Comments (0) Trackbacks (0)

WRL Update 5/11 - BMW

  View Printable Version 
Current NewsFirst the short one

BMW is 6/3-5 Looking for 7 corner staff. Have: Bob, Mike, Andrew and Tim at this time. Looking for 3 more

------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOR WRL:
Ok, After much, too much, politics here is the latest

Corner List:
Bob, Mike, John, Dennis, Jim G, Mike B, Andrew, Tim
Saturday Floater - Clark, Could use one more
Sunday Floaters - David, Vicki

Rescue:
Jim A, Brandon, Nolan I'll be back on Sunday.

Operational Notes:
Mike and I have traded about a dozen e-mails and as of this writing 3 phone calls about the event. I anticipate a couple of more as there are a couple of loose ends to deal with yet.

A copy of the WRL Rules are attached. Please review them.

For those at the event:
Mike and Bob will be providing me, before the event, with a list of corners that will be staffed and who they would like to see there. I will have reviewed this prior to the Saturday morning meeting and will know where folks are supposed to be positioned.

Mike is Lead Corner worker for this event. He has worked this event for the last two years with RI and both knows WRL and a most all of the staff working this event. I feel confident in his skill set and we have discussed a number of items with regard as to how to best deal with this event.

Jim A will be Lead Rescue for the event and after getting dispatched will function as we do currently at any incident. Between Jim, Brandon and Nolan they will decide on placement after consulting with Mike and myself prior to the event on Saturday.

For RLR this is a first time event so I am on a learning curve here and plan on going around on Sunday to get input on what you saw and did Saturday so as to best informed for future WRL events and enduros.

Food will be delivered to the station between the floating staff and available rescues. in the morning meeting please keep in mind that the temperature of the food may not be optimal by the time you get it. Floating staff (and available rescue) will be available all day to provide relief as needed. All that should be needed is for you to request them. I'd prefer if you get a rescue that you do not go far from the station if they get dispatched to an incident. They can return after cleared, but we will need you to jump back in as soon as possible for flag coverage if they head off track side.

Feel free to e-mail or call if you have comments or concerns with this event as I will gladly accept input and suggestions. I will have to balance these against what has already been decided, buty I will listen and do my best to accommodate any requests.

I will post the meeting times up when I know them. I will also ask that when addressing the net that this be a very formal net operation with all calls being "control, control, Station #, flag condition".

 
Post a comment
Comments (0) Trackbacks (0)
 Copyright © 2016 Red Light Rescue
 All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners.
Powered By Geeklog 
Created this page in 0.15 seconds